Comments are information tags users can set on any given image to add emphasis or details on a portion of the room or image. Some of the reasons why comments are added to tours are: showcasing additional promotional videos, adding still photographs/detailed images, PDF documents, or text details and information.
To add comments, do the following:
- On the DocuSketch dashboard, click on the Edit button on the tour’s option panel.
- Select an image to apply the comment on
- Click on the Add Comment option
- Place the Comment on a desired location
- Add a Comment Title
- Add a Text Description. This is only Optional if adding a Media Content.
Uploading PDF Documents, Still Photos or Videos to Comment
- Click on Video / Image
- Locate Media File on Desktop and click Open
- You will now be able to see your file added. The accepted image files are JPG & PNG. The accepted video files are AVI, MP4, WMV. PDF files are also accepted.
Attaching YouTube or Vimeo Videos to Comments
- Click on YouTube- / Vimeo -Link
- Copy Video URL and paste video link on the textbox.
- Click Add when done.
- Locate the image that contains the Comment to Edit
- Click on the Comment
- Edit Title and Text Content as needed
- Click on the Trash icon beside the media file name to delete content media. Add Media Content if applicable
- Click on Update when done
- Locate the image that contains the Comment to Delete
- Click on the Comment
- Click on the Remove
Changing Room of Comment
Comment can also be transferred from one room to another. Here are the steps on how to do so:
- Open the comment you want to transfer and click on “Change room of Comment”
- Choose a new room where you wish to transfer the current comment.
- The player will then open the selected room. The comment tab on the comment selection panel will then show a green mark beside it. It means, that this comment is linked to the current room it was originally placed in, but doesn’t have a certain position (no coordinates) or is currently unassigned to any room.
- Find a good position to place the comment and then drag and drop the green marker from the comment selection panel to the preferred position. You should see a success message once completed.
A Comment can only have one Media Content. The Comment Graphic portrays the type of content it contains:
Note that comments can also be re-positioned by simply dragging the icon to a desired location.
There you have it! You now know how to add, edit, and/or delete comment. On to the next lesson: hotspots! Let’s get to it!