4. Permissions – This option allows you to customize the permissions for each account. Note: Deactivating certain permissions for an account can render that account user unable to use certain functions in their account.
Let’s discuss each option in detail.
- Edit – Putting a check in this box disables the user’s ability to edit tours on their account. Editing a tour consists of clicking on the edit button on the tour options panel allowing you to modify the tour. Here you can rename, add and delete images, including hotspots, and other tour modifications.
The account user would no longer be able to edit the tours on their account.
- Delete – This option disables the user’s ability to delete a tour. A tour is only deleted permanently when the tour is archived and is under the archived tours page.
- Share Access – Putting a check mark on this option disables the user’s ability to share tours.
- Connection – This option has a check mark in the box by default. This function is rarely used.
- Downloads – Putting a check on the permission settings disables the download functionality of the account. This means that the user can no longer download floorplans, exactimate files, etc because the download button is removed.
- Links – Disabling the links option removes the user’s ability to access the tour links. As a review, the links option produces a sharable link for the tours.
- Embed Code – This option has a check mark in the box by default. This function generates the tour embed codes you can use to embed a tour on your website. The codes are already generated in the share function.
- Statistics – This option is also disabled by default. This function grants statistical data for viewers viewing the tour. This option is rarely used.
- Live Session – Putting a check mark in this box disables the users’ ability to do live sessions on the account. The Show Live button on the tour option panel will disappear when this permission is disabled.
- Edit Title – Disabling this permission for the user renders them unable to change the name of the tour.
- Copy Tour – Disabling this permission for the user renders them unable to make copies of a tour under their account. This option is always disabled by default.
- Settings – This option disables the user’s ability to modify their tour player settings. The tour player settings tab is where you can modify the features included in the tour player.
- Sketch Order Settings – This option disables the user’s ability to change the Sketch Order settings from their account.
- User Settings – Putting a check in this box disables the user’s ability to access settings in their account. The settings option panel is where users may modify and customize their account branding.
- Floorplan Order – Disabling this option removes the user’s ability to order floorplans for themselves and the tours under their accounts.
- Archive – Disabling this option removes the user’s ability to Archive a tour.
Click on Submit when done.
Note: Each permission can be enabled or disabled for individual accounts. This allows you to preset the type of account you want a person to have.
Now that we have reviewed setting permissions for an account, on to the next topic.